The National Centre for Small and Micro Enterprises Development (NCSMED) was originally set up in 2002 under the Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs) Development Act 2002.
It is a Government statutory organisation established to support the creation and development of SMEs in Fiji under the authority of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism (MITT).
Our main focus is to encourage sustainable business growth, investment and meaningful employment.
We aim to assist in the creation of “Globally competitive Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises (MSME’s) contributing to a vibrant and prosperous economy for Fiji and its people”
- Provide strategic leadership and good governance systems and processes throughout the organisations
- Provide access to credit and include a savings culture through the Microfinance program
- Capacity building and institutional strengthening of Microfinance Institutions
- Provide advocacy on SME issues
- Provide innovative solutions for growth and development of new and existing businesses
- Provide business and technical skills training to increase capabilities, productivity and effectiveness of MSMEs
- Provide an integrate community based and user driven MSME development program
NCSMED’s core values are NICER
N - Nurture
I - Innovation
C - Customer Orientation
E - Ethical Behavior
R - Resilience